Sunday, May 15, 2011

Film Survey

A synopsis is a summary given in brief terms that covers the major points of your film. Synopses are usually more in-depth than a mere "summary", and aim to give a fair idea of the topic.

My film ultimately is a music video composed of all different footage of my pets. They are a great example of loyal, worry free creatures and wanted to put this aspect of animals into my film.

Evaluation of Film Progress

Introduction:

Has your film been edited to engage the audience initially and to establish the tone of the piece?

Yes, the footage has been edited to match with the music, making it easier to engage with the film.

What are you going to do to engage the audience? Describe the sounds, lighting, shot types and effects that fit with the genre of your film and how you will incorporate these at the start of your film?

Throughout my film i have used various camera effects to allow the genre to be met. There are a lot of close-ups to really enhance the personality of the animals. The camera quality has been edited to make it look vintage. This give the effect that it has been filmed in the simplest times enhancing the organic quality.

Have you carefully chosen audio to suit the pace of the project? Describe the audio and the pace.

Yes, the audio suits the feel and atmosphere of the film. The pace is slow and calming.

Describe the pace of your music and the type of shots (close-up, mid, high, etc) that you will be creating to fit with the music?

I have used effects like slowing down the footage to match with slow paced parts of the audio. Also, I have zoomed in on strong audio points and zoomed out as the audio quietens.

Have you included credits at the start or end of your film?

Yes, I have included credit's at the end of my film to acknowledge my beautiful animals :) I have used an effect to make the credits similar to the famous star wars credits. I did this for a bit of fun and also because my pets names are all from the star wars films. At the start of my film i have included the artist and song title int he bottom left-hand corner to enhance the authenticity of it being a music video.

Pace

Is the film edited to appropriately suit the rhythm of the scene? Describe the use of techniques such as selective timing and length of shots (either action or sound)

Yes, it is edited appropriately to the rise and fall of the audio. I used a lot of cutting, slowing down and repeating footage to alter the way the audio flowed with the film.

Emotional intention

Have you edited the footage to create heightened expression and audience responses? Describe how you are going to achieve this. i.e. cross dissolves, graphic matches, effects etc

Most of my camera angles and affects are to enhance the viewers emotional connection. I have drawn on the adorability of my puppies and zoomed in a lot on their cute faces. This is all to engage the viewer. The transitions are soft to create a relaxing atmosphere and the graphic effects are distorted for a simple finish.

Editing techniques

Have you created links between shots and throughout the film to emotionally engage the viewer with your story ( i.e. is your film tied together through theme, colour, story, objects etc?)

Yes, the theme is simplicity and live life. The colours are organic and the characters are natural and naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment