Thursday, March 18, 2010

Black Determination

This is my first final Avatar. I have decided to give this the title “Black Determination” because it is a representation of a certain aspect of myself. This one is focusing on my individuality and determination. The focal point of the work is definitely the image of me morphed with a black panther. This really is the point in the work that all the meaning branch out from. Black Panthers to me have always been very self aware, determined and I can image that whatever they set there mind to… whether it be the kill for lunch or sitting back and sleeping… you cant stop them once they have made the decision. To be honest I am much like this too. From when I was five years old to now my parents have always said that I have always been very determined once I set my mind to something… I wont back down. I have included particular symbols to represent other aspects in my life. The moon in the bottom left corner is a symbol for my passions and dreams. I always have them in the back of my mind for motivation. I have placed the moon half hiding behind a cloud showing how close they are but I still have to work hard to get there. Another symbol in my piece is the abstract fractal pattern shining through along the bottom half. This pattern shows intricate and delicate thought. I tend to think things through a lot and sometimes too much, I look at things very closely and analyse the quite deeply. I thought that the fractal image demonstrated these qualities perfectly. It’s a gentle image but you can see all the detail and precision. To really bring this piece to life I have used many of the elements of art to give it deep expression. Colour is the main element I really focused on that almost dominates the image. I have used a background image of space that is made of different vibrant shades of purple and blue. I chose the colour purple to really take hold of the image not just because it’s my absolute favourite colour but also because it is a colour that portrays royalty and power. It’s a colour that really motivated me to strive and take hold of what I want and this is exactly what this piece means to me. The line in this piece is really quite flowing and organic as much of it looks like it has just been splashed and splattered on the background. The line flicking my hair was really important to create unity in the piece to match with the free-flowing colours and shapes. This image is one of my favourite I have created so far because it really explores a deeper side of my personality and I think that through the symbols and the representation of me it gives a strong and affective voice to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment