Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cyborgatorium

This is my second final Avatar. I have decided to call this piece “Cyborgatorium”. This piece is representing my imagination. I have used various fantasy images to bring this image to life. They have been lightly blended together to create a whole new world… my utopia. On the left hand side is a digital representation of me, as I would imagine myself to look in another world. I have the same facial features but my hair is long and dark, I have scales protruding down my forehead and luminous veins slowly moving up from my chin to my cheek. I am also wearing an outfit that reminds me of a medieval warrior, scales and all. My head is taking on the form of a dinosaur that is linking this image of the future with the past: the Jurassic period, which is actually one of my favourite periods of time. On the right hand side is a flying unicorn/bird/dragon, which is very mystical all on it’s own. My eyes are directed looking at the flying creature, which creates a strong linked focal point, firstly you look at the cyborg and then her eyes direct you toward what is flying toward her. The cyborg (me) is quite out of proportion to give the viewer the impression that she is looking down upon her thoughts, dreams and imagination inspired land. It is my mind exploring and opening up to the world. The places I’ve visited the things I’ve experienced and my inner thoughts and interests are all flaunted sparingly throughout this utopia. The colours are bold and in some areas lit up, this is enhancing the magical, futuristic and surreal atmosphere. There aren’t really any specific symbols in this image; everything just blends together to give a representation of my mind and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment